Monday, March 31, 2008

To post or to postpone. . .

So beautiful out there right now. I haven't checked yet, but I understand we're in for more blue sky days. It feels good to be able to take the short people out on the track. I plan on continuing to have them do a lap whenever possible at recess time. Even if the school never does the "Walk Across America" group effort again. We all need to learn at a young age, that our bodies are capable of jogging a quarter mile and still have the energy left for playing. This winter, many of the kids commented on how doing the track kept them warmer on cold days. Isn't that higher level thinking?? :>)
It was good to be back after break. I know I'm probably not supposed to say that, but I miss the small folk and the daily schedule. I read, "The Tin Forest" and "Grandpa Gazillion's Number Yard" in library and then we went into the computer lab and I had them draw a vase of flowers on Kid Pix. After seeing how several of the AMers took the picture detail a step farther, I went ahead and modeled more detail for the PMers. Yes, they do benefit from my chance to have do-overs.
Time to go run some errands with F.

No comments: