Friday, May 30, 2008

and first there was cake . . .

Our new principal, Janet Prats, came for a visit this morning. I'm thinking that tall, white, coconut covered cake was in her honor. Cake for breakfast? Sure, I'm right there with ya - fork in hand!
Right after that, the soundtrack from Grease cascaded out of the classroom intercoms - to celebrate the school sockhop on Saturday. The short people were ecstatic. What, more excitement?? Surprisingly, we were able to finish our three jobs.
The end of our day started with a lap around the track, recess AND Mr. Spivey dressed as a male relative of Lady Liberty climbing a ladder onto the roof. Seems like it's a good time for another 3 day weekend!
J drove all those miles north on I-5 to spend the weekend with Fran. Not only is she still wiped from an extra tough PT appointment, but she stayed up late making bread dough last night. I came home from work to the smell of bread baking. I teasingly accused her of wearing herself out to cook for the boy and by the look on her face, I know I was on the mark.
Happy hour is over and I'm stuffed with a delicious dinner.

No comments: