Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Be honest, do I smell like skunk to you?

I've been waiting for this day. Not in a happy hopeful way, but in a, 'Oh bother! How long am I going to smell like this?', way.
We have a skunk that lives somewhere near our house. It used to spend time in our crawl space. There have been several mornings when I've spotted it in the backyard under the bird feeders. A few times I anxiously watched it scuttle away right after I had let Izzy out. I forgot to look this morning. As soon as I walked over to the sliding glass door to let Izzy in, I knew. I carefully slid open the door just enough to grab her and take her directly into the shower. The taste of skunk is still in my mouth. It must've still been hanging in the air when I knelt down to ease her into the house. bleh, bleh, bleh!
We took a shower together, but I don't have a clue how we smell.

No comments: