Friday, February 20, 2009

Trying as hard as I can to stay well

{Calculating in head . . . too early for math!}
My first 4 decades predictably found me suffering from bronchitis every winter. Some years worse than others (at least I never cracked a rib coughing). In my forties, my doctor began trying different things - one of which was a pneumonia shot. I'm not entirely sure, but it seemed like in the following years my bronchitis wasn't as severe. About 4 years ago, after learning about some of the latest research, my doctor prescribed an inhaler to use whenever I began coughing. I haven't had bronchitis since. Hallelujah!
I've been doing my best to keep this latest bug from keeping me down. I'm not feeling horrible. More like I'm dragging a very small anchor around with me during the last part of each day. I surrendered to the sheets at 8:30 last night and slept straight through to the 5:30 alarm. :>)
My goal is to get through the next couple of weeks without plugged ears or losing my voice.

No comments: