Saturday, April 18, 2009

Back from first outing

Because there's sure to be more :>)
It was time to fill the wine rack, so I stopped at Santiam Wine Co. to quickly pop in to buy a "Cheap and Cheerful" six pack, but Debra talked me (and twisted my arm!!) into tasting some wine. The Patton Valley Rose reminded me of Wandering Aengus semi-dry cider. Light and very nice Spring taste on the tongue. :>)
Then I motored down Rural to Salem Public Market. I did see one vendor with asparagus, but I bought black truffle powder and a Marionberry/Raspberry pie instead.

2 comments:

smc said...

I'd be interested in knowing how you use the black truffle powder. Perhaps sprinkled on scrambled eggs?

KandN said...

To start, I was thinking about making a very small batch of truffle butter to have with our asparagus.
Scrambled eggs, eh? What else? :>)