Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday Dinner

So much for using the black truffle powder tonight!
I swear, I never know what's going to happen when I walk into the kitchen after work each night!

The first thing I did when I got home was to check the fridge for suicidal produce; aha! mushrooms, small tomatoes and a red bell pepper.
Chicken thighs have been on my brain for the past month and a half (who knows why), so I added that to my online recipe search. Recipes for mushroom and onion braised chicken were at the top of the search, but most of the recipes had nasty short-cuts (cream of mushroom soup?). Yes, I used to cook with it when the girls were young, but I didn't know any better. (cutting myself some slack) But then something unexpected and deliciously familiar popped up on page two of the search - chicken cacciatore. How I love thee!
No single recipe stood out, so I pulled a little from three different ones.
It turned out quite well.
Too well.
I think I need a walk.
Izzy?? N??

No comments: