Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Musing over blood date and dog walks

Note to self: remember to tuck extra batteries into purse for camera. (Must be prepared to photograph food!)
This well used brain of mine likes to browse the day's schedule in advance. It does not enjoy those change-in-the-schedule-adrenaline-rushes that come with the realization that I'm supposed to be somewhere 15 minutes ago. Our blood dates can do that to me. I sit down at the computer to engage in my daily routine of winding down after work, enjoying yet another cup of coffee and reading email, blogs and news - when it hits me that I'm supposed to be meeting N in a few minutes. Right now I'm fairly sure it's filed in the mental daily schedule.

During our dog walk last night (felt like a lovely summer evening out there!), Izzy began to growl as we passed by a secluded, shadowed area. I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand at alert. N tried to convince me that she's not always growling at the unknown, but I'm tough to convince in the dark. I was halfway hoping it was one of the dogs we've spotted at the park on their own.

Onward to Wednesday and cheers to being mindful of what's ahead.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

So what exactly constitutes a blood date?

KandN said...

We schedule to donate blood every time we're eligible. Then afterwards treat ourselves to dinner out.
Now that we have our standing Wednesday night date, it's not as big of a treat, but with a full house N and I treasure any date we can get.

Rebekah said...

That's a great idea! Any date night is a great idea, really. :)