Friday, September 18, 2009

First week down

Usually at the end of the first week with the short folk I feel wrung out and exhausted.  Not so much this time around.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe it's because we've all been thrown into this new building, in smaller rooms and needing to rethink how we do nearly every part of our day.  Or maybe it has to do with the new member of our team who is optimistic, into solving problems and generally fun to be around. 
Whatever the cause, I'm glad.  I hate starting my weekend by falling asleep on the couch before 8 PM.  Makes me feel old and decrepit.  Which immediately forces me to wonder how many years I can continue to keep up with 5 and 6 year olds, while still loving their company.  Probably another 20 years?  :>)  Okay, a slight exaggeration, but the short folk do keep me feeling young. 

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Interestingly, I had the same experience this year. I chalked it up to being more experienced with this starting school thing, but maybe it was just in the air. :)