Monday, October 19, 2009

Chicken Cacciatore

I used to make a delicious (thanks to the recipe, not me!) Chicken Cacciatore recipe from an old crock pot cookbook, but just recently Cook's Illustrated sent out an email with a CC (with portobellos and sage) recipe.  I'm ready for cool weather comfort food and open to new recipes, so I printed it out and cooked it up this past Friday.  It was good, but it wasn't even close to the old favorite recipe.

And so this evening, I felt a need to do a search to find a recipe closer to what I remember.  I thought it was even better than Friday's, but N remarked that it definitely wasn't the recipe he used to make for his housemates in college.  Back to the drawing board . . .

Would it be overkill to make a third version for Tuesday's dinner??

No comments: