Saturday, November 7, 2009

Just the 2 (3) of us



Photo by Jim Layman
I don't know who's enjoying this weekend more, N and I or Hope.  She's stretched out on the bed, next to both of us, watching the world outside our 3rd floor window while I play on the laptop and N watches the Duck game. 
We arrived in Newport around 6:30 last night.  The weather was relatively calm as we took Hope for her first walk and later when we went to Nana's Irish Pub in the Nye Beach area (which N and I both agreed is worth 4 out of 4 stars).


After breakfast, we went for a long drive and  stopped to enjoy some roadside views along the way.  The most impressive?  Boiler Bay!  Wow!  What a show!  We were soaked from both the spray from the breakers and the rain.  We drove around the bay and then along the Siletz River.  The weather raged almost the entire time--downpours, hail and thunder and lightning.
Once we returned to Newport, the weather was calm again.  NOAA says the calm is temporary, but, hey, we didn't come here for the weather.

2 comments:

smc said...

Very dramatic photo. Aren't we lucky to live so close to the coast? It's beautiful in any season.

KandN said...

I can't take credit for the great photo. I put a link on the picture to the site where I found it. All of ours would've been through a rain splattered windscreen. :>)