Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Breakfast

Going out to breakfast this morning sounded appealing until I began to tally the number of times we've eaten out this week.  Besides, breakfast has to be one of the easiest meals to make.  Since we only make a special breakfast (oatmeal for the other days) once a week, variety really isn't an issue even if we only have two favorite dishes.

N's favorite to make is dutch baby.  It's easy to jazz up with chopped ham, or bacon and/or cheese.  I like to make hash with eggs and hashbrowns, utilizing whatever I find in the fridge or scrambled eggs and hashbrowns served separately. 

After reading an article about making breakfast potatoes in the oven in one of Fran's cooking magazines a month ago, I've been experimenting with that process.  Slicing the potatoes into "coins" works the best.  Tossing them in a ziplock storage bag with olive oil and seasoning works great, too.  My biggest challenge is not expecting a zillion coins to brown/crisp up nicely in the oven.  Quantity is what I need to work on.

No comments: