Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hood Canal

This is my sister K's and her husband K's Viceroy kit house on the Hood Canal.  So much has been completed, but they still have a ways to go.  When we left yesterday, the sheetrock was ready to be sanded and in a day the texture will be added.  During our visit they took us for a drive and we ended up in Port Townsend.  The new Wooden Boat Museum is beautiful.  We stopped at a downtown wine shop to see if they sold any of the local ciders to try, since both cideries we visited were closed.  They did, so we bought a bottle of Ginger Apple Cider from Eaglemount and Cranberry Apple Cider from Finn River (?).  Maybe we'll get a chance to visit their tasting rooms next time.  :>)
I hope the 360 view from the house isn't too hard to watch.  Always want to try something new with the camera.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I love love love Port Townshend. We've stayed at our timeshare in Discovery Bay a couple of times for vacation and it's one of our favorite spots.

smc said...

Thanks so much for sharing. It looks like the weather was beautiful. I could almost smell that wonderful sea air of Hood Canal!

KandN said...

We love it up there, too, Amber. It can be tough to make time in our schedule to do that drive both ways, so I'm not looking forward to my Sis K living there full time. Thank goodness for the internet!
SS, I was thinking of you when I decided to do the 360 degree view. :>) It was a lovely two days!