Monday, April 19, 2010

Minto Brown

Click here for Minto Brown Park Flikr Photo Group



During a weekend walk into the back of Minto Brown Park, I remembered a suggestion I emailed to the park department.  One day, over 2 years ago, N and I were on a bike ride and were trying to figure out the best way to get from here to there.  The map in our head was good, but had it's limitations.
"What if the city park department sold tees with an upside down map on the front or a map on a kerchief?"
Even if they weren't ready to run out and print up some shirts, I did feel good that I received a reply to my email.

If you would like to see Minto Brown Park in all her glory in all her seasons, here's a link to the Flickr group.

4 comments:

Salem Man said...

I see one issue with the upside down map on the shirts. Where do you put the "you are here" dot?

KandN said...

Oh, man! Good point!
Hmmm, maybe I'd have to incorporate a GPS feature into the tee ...
(Like one of those MP3 tees.)

BK said...

I've often thought that the "butterfly" shape of Minto-Brown islands should be the City of Salem Logo. Check out the satellite image on google maps if you're not familiar. It's totally symmetrical and quite beautiful. I love your map idea!

KandN said...

Hey B, That's pretty cool! I never would've guessed!