Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Random-ness

I happened across a blog yesterday that must have been the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back.  It was light, lovely, cheerful--although still unblogged upon.  And that was the moment it became clear--if I'm beginning to gaze longingly at blank blogs, it's way past time to finally change the look of my own.

I checked out the designer listed at the foot of the light and lovely blog, which led me to Blogger's new design wizard.  I struggled with letting the wizard doing it all for me (no, no, no!) and ended up with something that Salem Man graciously and accurately pegged as "bold".  I struggled and surrendered and finally let most of the default settings be the chosen settings.  I don't feel totally settled yet, so I may still make a change or ten.  We'll see.

It felt so good to finally stick a toe into my usual Summer routine yesterday.  Classifying the washing of blankets, rugs and cleaning the garage door as invigorating may elicit a giggle from some, but those are the kind of activities that can make my entire week.  Ever since Fran's pain filled journey began 3+ years ago, I've had a difficult time finding my rudder let alone guiding it.

How happy was I to finally go camping with N?  Extremely, greatly, intensely, exceedingly, exceptionally, excessively, to nth degree, too, too much, totally.  You get the idea.  First there was the problem of one of Fran's (hand delivered only pain med variety) prescriptions needing to be filled mid-week, then N's work having an important grant deadline unexpectedly moved up a whole month.  I braced myself for the disappointment, but we did it.  We both pushed and made it happen.  Whew!  Yay!  Who cared if it was sweatshirt and jeans weather at the coast?  Not us!  Although, a good list of rules for cribbage along with the Rummy Cube game would both be good things to add to the trailer.

2 comments:

smc said...

Love the new look of your blog. I've been getting bored with my template lately but I'm too nervous to change it. I'm afraid I'll lose everything

KandN said...

That was the beauty of using the designer wizard. I lost nothing and could go back if wished. {nudge nudge}