Thursday, October 14, 2010

Accidental dinner

I can't be the only person who does this--begins cooking dinner without a clear plan?
Maybe it's a character flaw--committing to a project, but preferring to use the "seat of the pants" approach.
Enough self exploration!  Here's the meal that nearly had N and I licking our plates:

I began with an onion and red pepper sliced into rings.  I added them all to a preheated dutch oven with a Tbsp or two of olive oil.  I cooked the rings of onion and pepper -until the onions were translucent with some browning on the edges.
I browned 4 chicken thighs in a separate skillet, in olive oil on med high and then added them to the vegetables.  I added a cup of chicken broth, 3-4 Tbsp of Patak's Curry Paste, and a bottle of Harry and David's Pepper and Onion Relish.  I simmered all of this in a dutch oven for 30-45 minutes and then served it over Basmati rice.
OMG
SO GOOD!

No comments: