Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tentative Thankfulness

Recently I wrote about our current situation with Fran's medical insurance coverage.
I was resigned to losing this battle.
Until I finished venting (once again. Thank you, L) and began listening to L's pep talk.
I came home with some new ideas and ready to put them into motion.

First I wrote a note to my principal to see if she might be able to point me in the right direction.  My next note was going to be to my union,

until I opened the mail.

A letter from my insurance company?  Not from OEBB?  What could this be?
I hesitated opening it.
God, I'm so tired of bad news.

But I did--eventually.

Basically the letter said, here's what we need from you and here's the time line we need it in.

Yup, I need to ask the doctor for another note about Fran and thankfully she's been there for us several times.
I hope she's not tired of us yet.
AND I hope this solves this latest boulder in our path.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I hope that this finally solves this mess for you guys! As someone said to me the other day, there's health care plans and then there's insurance and they are two very different things.

KandN said...

Thanks, Amber!
That quote pretty much sums it up right there.

smc said...

I wish you the best of luck as you try to tackle the terrible bureaucracy that is the health care industry.

KandN said...

Thanks, S! I hope it doesn't take the doctor much longer to send us her letter. It's so easy to lose momentum.
Never mind, this is just too important.