Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Customer Service Email Exchange

I had such a great experience with asking what I considered to be an important question of a motor oil manufacturer, that I wanted to share.
If only every exchange could be like this. No "us", no "them", just the sympathetic facts:


To: James Morrissey
Can you please tell me all of the ingredients in your synthetic oil SAE 10w-40 for gasoline engines?
**************

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM, James Morrissey <JMorrissey@royalpurple.com> wrote:
Good afternoon K,

Royal Purple oil formulations are proprietary.
However a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is available here: http://royalpurpleconsumer.com/wp-content/uploads/RP_Motor_Oil_041911.pdf
.....
Thanks for choosing Royal Purple and have a great day!

Best Regards,
James Morrissey
Sr. Automotive Technical Support
****************
K
Thanks for the reply, James.
I should've asked if the motor oil has any polyglycol.
****************

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 1:53 PM, James Morrissey <JMorrissey@royalpurple.com> wrote:
Good afternoon K,

No, there are no Royal Purple engine oils that have any glycol in them at all.
What is this going in?

Thanks for choosing Royal Purple and have a great day!

Best Regards,
James Morrissey
Sr. Automotive Technical Support
*****************

To: James Morrissey
Subject: Re: Can you please tell me all of the ingredients in your synthetic oil SAE 10w-40 for gasoline engines?

It took us two days, but we finally realized what our dog got into that made her beard all oily. I realize that it's been long enough that, if there had been anything toxic, she'd already be in dire straits.
I wanted to know for my own peace of mind.
You can be sure that we'll be more careful in the future.
Thanks again!
Your replies mean a lot.
*****************

Good afternoon K,

Oh dear I would be freaking out too. I hope your dog continues to do well.

Not the most nutritious dog snack/treat in the world, but it definitely does not contain glycol or anything considered hazardous. Look through that MSDS and you will see what I mean and perhaps breathe a little easier.

Thanks for choosing Royal Purple and have a great day!

Best Regards, 
James Morrissey
Sr. Automotive Technical Support


No comments: