Tuesday, December 23, 2014

This Season, Every Season . . .

Not to reduce the beauty of acts of kindness, but I've always been fascinated by the psychology of human behavior--particularly when we're somewhat anonymous, i.e. behind the wheel or in a crowd.

You know--those moments when we're in a parking lot at the end of an event and one driver (you, perhaps) pauses to offer another driver an exit from a blocked off lane? You look in your rear-view mirror and notice other drivers repeating the behavior. All of us, at times, accuse others of driving like asses and only thinking of ourselves. I'm not convinced that it's always a conscious behavior. Perhaps more that we're caught up in our own mental lists and timelines and forget. Forget how simple and rewarding it is to be kind to others.

So, my goal this season has been to make my lists, lay out my route and then go out and be as courteous as hell.
Happy Yuletide Season to all of you!


No comments: